In Person: Parents will check-in their children in the foyer and receive a security tag. Children’s worship areas open 10 minutes prior to the 10:30 worship service.
Online: The morning worship service is streamed via YouTube and Facebook Live. Online activities are located on our MCN Nazkids Facebook page to engage our children while watching the service with their families.
Stay connected to current events:
1. Receive mobile alerts via text message by texting NAZKIDS to 41411. Text messages will be limited to reminders for main events, field trips, and service cancellations for inclement weather.
2. Receive the monthly calendar for Children’s Ministries by mail. If you change addresses, please contact the church office to update your information.
3. Connect through our MCN NAZKIDS Facebook page.
September Update: Nursery will re-open on September 6.
Classes available will be Little Creations (Infant/toddler care, Bible lesson and activities for Ages 2-3), Palace (Age 3 and potty-trained through Pre-K), and Discovery Island (K-6th).
Early Childhood: Birth through Pre-K
- Nursery: Little Creations
Nursery care is provided from birth through age 2. The nursery is staffed during all church services.
- 2 and 3 Year Olds: Two by Two
Children enjoy play time and also learn to sit for brief periods of time to learn Bible stories, songs, and crafts.
- 3 and 4 Year Olds: Daniel’s Den
Students participate in imaginary play, the classroom slide, snacks, songs, and stories. (This class is for potty-trained preschoolers.)
- 4 and 5 Year Olds: Palace Room
Students enjoy snacks, songs, stories, crafts, and imaginary play in a Pre-K setting.
Elementary Student Classes
- Kindergarten: Jonah’s Journey
This is our largest children’s classroom to enable room for this active age to play, have crafts and snacks, as well as story time.
- 1st and 2nd Grade
This class usually begins with some hands-on activities before students dig into God’s Word.
- 3rd and 4th Grade These classrooms are equipped with games like ping-pong, air hockey, or basketball hoops. After the opening Bible video and prayer, the class moves to small groups for Bible study, discussion, and prayer.
- 5th and 6th Grade: Shipwreck Cove This group of intermediate students meets together once a month for a breakout service. They also participate in special activities for just their age group including events, service projects, and day trips. Students, who have completed leadership training, may volunteer in ministry opportunities once a month in areas such as SLAM Team (Sound, Media, And Lights) for Kids Worship, small group leader, or craft assistant.
- Kids Worship—Grades 1-6: Discovery Island Kids participate in their own service with an interactive sermon designed for elementary students and hands-on activities or games.
Bible Quizzing has begun!!
Children’s Bible quizzing study and practice is on Wednesday evenings at 7 pm, as well as the Friday night before a Quiz meet. Quiz Meets are on Saturdays at our church as well as other local Nazarene Churches
What is Children’s Bible Quizzing?
Children’s Quizzing is a six-year Bible study program with a competition element. These books give the overall chronology of God’s people, the Israelites, and a “snapshot” of the Bible. The series begins with the Creation account, the first people, and the Patriarchs (Genesis). It continues with the Israelites living in and leaving Egypt (Exodus) and follows them as they establish themselves in Canaan (Joshua, Judges, & Ruth, and 1 & 2 Samuel). The two New Testament books center on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus (Matthew), and tell how the gospel of salvation came to the Gentiles (Acts).
The theme for Exodus is Follow the Leader. Kids will learn how God provides for His people and the importance of following Him.
We will study the book of Exodus through hands-on activities, Scripture memorization, Bible study, and faith words. Characteristics of God are revealed in each weekly Dig Site to help children learn who God is, what He is like, and how He interacts with people.
- Studies in Exodus (2020-21)
- Studies in Joshua, Judges, and Ruth (2021-22)
- Studies in 1 & 2 Samuel (2022-23)
- Studies in Matthew (2023-24)
- Studies in Acts (2024-25)
- Studies in Genesis (2025-26)
Vacation Bible School (VBS)
Rocky Railroad VBS coming to Mustang in Summer 2021.
Kid’s Camp–Summer 2021
For kids who have completed Grades 1-6. More information to come.
Associate Pastor / Children