In Person: Parents will check-in their children in the foyer and receive a security tag. Children’s worship areas open 10 minutes prior to the class or service.
Online: The morning worship service is streamed via YouTube and Facebook Live. Online activities are located on our MCN Nazkids Facebook page to engage our children while watching the service with their families.
Early Childhood: Birth through Pre-K (9:30-11:30 am)
- Nursery: Little Creations
Nursery care is provided from birth through age 3. The nursery is staffed during all church services. A Bible story and craft is done with our 2-3’s.
- 3-5 Year Olds: Palace Room
Students enjoy snacks, songs, stories, crafts, and imaginary play in a Pre-K setting.
Elementary Student Classes (9:30-10:20 am)
- Kindergarten-Grade 1: Jonah’s Journey
This is our largest children’s classroom to enable room for this active age to play, have crafts and snacks, as well as story time.
- 2nd-3rd Grade
This class usually begins with some hands-on activities before students dig into God’s Word.
- 4th -6th Grade These classrooms are equipped with games like ping-pong, air hockey, or basketball hoops. After the opening Bible video and prayer, the class moves to small groups for Bible study, discussion, and prayer.
Elementary Worship Services (10:30-11:30 am)
- Kinder-Worship—Kindergarten: Jonah’s Journey Kids learn to worship with a Bible lesson, craft, snack, and ending with a game on the playground.
- Kids Worship—Grades 1-6: Discovery Island Kids participate in their own service with an interactive sermon designed for elementary students and hands-on activities or games.
- 5th and 6th Grade: Shipwreck Cove This group of intermediate students meets together once a month for a breakout service. They also participate in special activities for just their age group including events, service projects, and day trips. Students, who have completed leadership training, may volunteer in ministry opportunities once a month in areas such as SLAM Team (Sound, Media, And Lights) for Kids Worship, Serve Team (helping with preschool crafts and activities), or with Check-In Team.
This Children’s Bible Quizzing season studying Joshua, Judges, and Ruth (2021-2022) began in August with Bible study and practice on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am. Quiz meets are once a month on Saturdays at our church as well as other local Nazarene Churches.
What is Children’s Bible Quizzing?
Children’s Quizzing is a six-year Bible study program with a competition element. These books give the overall chronology of God’s people, the Israelites, and a “snapshot” of the Bible. The series begins with the Creation account, the first people, and the Patriarchs (Genesis). It continues with the Israelites living in and leaving Egypt (Exodus) and follows them as they establish themselves in Canaan (Joshua, Judges, & Ruth, and 1 & 2 Samuel). The two New Testament books center on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus (Matthew), and tell how the gospel of salvation came to the Gentiles (Acts).
Joshua, Judges, and Ruth (2021-2022):
The theme is The Adventures in the Promised Land. The books of Joshua, Judges, and Ruth will come to life as children learn the great stories of Ruth, Gideon, Samson, Joshua, and the ultimate hero, God.
We will study these books through hands-on activities, Scripture memorization, Bible study, and faith words. Characteristics of God are revealed in each weekly Dig Site to help children learn who God is, what He is like, and how He interacts with people.
- Studies in Joshua, Judges, and Ruth (2021-22)
- Studies in 1 & 2 Samuel (2022-23)
- Studies in Matthew (2023-24)
- Studies in Acts (2024-25)
- Studies in Genesis (2025-26)
- Studies in Exodus (2026-27)
Associate Pastor / Children
Stay connected to current events:
1. Receive mobile alerts via text message by texting NAZKIDS to 81411.
2. Receive the monthly calendar for Children’s Ministries by mail. Contact the church office (405) 376-2892 to be added to mailing list.
3. Connect through our MCN NAZKIDS Facebook page.